The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday July 28, 2020 at 08:41
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 27, 2020 at 10:05, Ernie Gilman said...
When I put a standard square up against the TV, I got a number within a sixteenth of an inch. That's better than "coarse," and good enough for me!

It's odd that, while you slam a square as being coarse, you suggest that just looking at a photo might tell me where the holes are. Meanwhile, I'm looking for the exact mounting height, not just what you can approximate without using ANY measuring tool.

If I had a photo but no electricity I'd use the method you suggest. I'd use a divider instead of a compass, but hey, details.

If I had electricity (and I often do), I'd use Paint to display the photo, make it reasonably large onscreen, count pixels and do some arithmetic (it doesn't even rise to the level of being called math) to determine the needed dimensions.

By the way, did I mention that the strangest thing happened? This 65" went up where we had a 42" plasma, putting the TV exactly where we wanted it, without moving the bracket at all!

How did you determine that it was .020" off by using a carpenter's square? Is this one of the rare ones that is marked with increments smaller than 1/8" (and yes, I understand that it's possible to use the space between marks as a useful increment)?

I wrote that the placement of the holes seems to divide the TV into thirds; my other recommendation was to measure this on a printed photo with a scale that's more accurate and check the proportions. You must have missed that because hey, details.

You could have counted pixels but then, you wouldn't have needed to post the original question.

No, you didn't mention that. Would moving the bracket up or down on the TV be possible, or does it only have one set of holes?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse