The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday July 23, 2020 at 19:35
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
Everything is slowed with pandemic. Most AVRs are built in one of two plants in China and they closed plants for a while with the pandemic. So any electronics from those plants will be delayed. Yamaha is the exception in that most of their AVRs and electronics are not outsourced to China and built in their own plant in Malaysia. Some exceptions are their very low priced products including AVRs where it is less expensive to source it out.

Malaysia has not been hit terribly hard by the pandemic because they locked down early and very tight and manufacturing plants were closed. Many Asian countries had got hit hard with SARS in the past so when Corona came around they were much better prepared living through something like this previously and shut down early. I am assuming Yamaha's plant was closed there. I know I have had trouble getting some Yamaha product and when there was not much available a couple months ago I bought some extra. I am almost out now except for two AVRs which are slated for jobs in the next few weeks. Good luck getting any AVR and blu-ray players except the 4K models are tough to find.

Hosting Services by ipHouse