Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday May 19, 2020 at 03:01
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 19, 2020 at 02:31, ErikU said...
I can't imagine what kind of processing would add several seconds of video delay. Can you provide some more details?

Well, first, it's a kluge.*
Second, it's REALLY hard to estimate how far out of sync it is. I'm guessing, but it's the worst I've ever seen.
And it's at a church.
A video system was rapidly planned and put in a year ago. A camera HDMI signal goes through a video switch, then through a 1x6 splitter and out to many locations. Lack of sync was already visible at this point.

Then they added a BlackMagic ATEM Mini that preps and combines audio and video to go to the internet. Its output goes to Facebook, which then sends it out... however they do it.

Due to COVID I have not carefully investigated the connection of that last piece. The audio feed is direct from an analog audio board, so there's no delay there.
As I said, I was guessing about the time, but I don't think 680 msec will do it.

*I will always insist on that spelling. "Kludge" rhymes with fudge, wouldn't you say?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse