The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday February 27, 2020 at 12:08
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I'll have to fit each one, regardless. And of course the amount of "adjustment" needed won't be uniform, so I'll have to further adjust some of any product I find.

The dremel idea is just another variation on using a belt sander. Anything I come up with has the daunting challenge of holding the plates still while making the cuts.

I've seen a mini lathe for tiny projects. I wonder if anyone makes a table saw with a three inch blade.

See, no matter what I use, if it's a full-size tool I'll have to deal with holding in place a piece of material that's much smaller than the tool is made for, thus hard to hold still. There's also the fact that the back of any cover plate is not flat -- cover plates only lie flat due to the way the perimeter of the plate is made.

Lastly, your two minute estimate is, I'm sure, pretty accurate. That makes these "adjustments" a 100 minute to 300 minute (five hours) process. And it's a hotel: the rooms are on two floors, in two wings, each wing having fifteen rooms... that's a lot of walking to take the plates from where the saw is set up, or moving the saw around quite a bit!

And all of this results from the guys who are doing the massive remodel on this hotel having more money than sense, who found themselves unable to resist starting work on the hotel AFTER they had made all the design decisions.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse