The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Saturday February 1, 2020 at 14:33
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On February 1, 2020 at 13:40, gerard143 said...
Ford was a solid choice but now with the updates and revised interiors for 2020 I think they are the way to go. Overall it think it’s the best choice. Ford has a very solid offering. New interior is great. Very nice improvements for 2020.

I agree that transit connect is a joke for someone doing legit installs. The thing is tiny. Much beyond a salesperson or someone running you out a little bit of gear forget about it. A medium or high roof long wheelbase (and evening extended body long wheelbase) versions are the way to go. Not being able to stand up in the things is out of the question for techs. That shits brutal on you. Gotta high good roof height. The sprinter or the Promaster are the only other options imho. I don’t even consider the Nissan.

Its how you organize it dude.....I had a 14 transit connect, stupidly got rid of it for a full size transit w/powerstroke because I was hauling a bunch of 42u racks that year. Was forced to get rid of it due to township ordinances, drove an F150 for two years while I dealt with the township. Now Im back in a 2019 transit connect. I haven't had a chance to build my shelving in it yet but will very soon.

With the proper design and bulk head you can fit more then you need. The problem is now people are wanting an 85" TV, but even at that the regular roof transits will be really tight. I have a thread on here floating around with my 2014 transit connect design. I learned from that design process and what im doing in this van will be much better.

The Mercedes Metris is actually a perfect size for our industry, but the problem is, its a Mercedes, it gets assembled, torn down in 12 pieces and rebuilt stateside to avoid the Chicken Tax. I think their new Sprinter/Metris factory opened up and the 2020 model year is entirely built in the US.

IF only Ford would bring over the Transit Custom :(
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse