Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 113 made on Thursday January 30, 2020 at 12:58
BizarroTerl
October 2002
On January 30, 2020 at 01:20, tomciara said...
I’m trying to understand. The house controlled the witnesses when it was their show, isn’t that right? So why is it a problem now?

Don’t you know they all play the same game? Why doesn’t anyone talk about that? Seriously! They just find your hot button or mine and play it! That’s all they do!

I don’t get the witness complaint at all. House did it, now Senate too.

The House's ability to call witnesses was compromised by the administration's refusal to allow white house staff to testify. There's even talk about the white house trying to block Bolton from testifying to the senate.

One can claim it is within the president/white house's rights but shouldn't what is best for the American public be more important? If the POTUS is innocent of the charges then have everyone in the know testify before the senate to prove that innocence. The only reason not to is either he's not innocent or just playing party politics. Either way, not having the senate trial open and forthcoming just makes the POTUS look guilty.

Of course those that support him will refuse to believe he did anything bad and those against will refuse to believe he isn't guilty. That is the real problem. Maybe we can blame this on the US educational system and its failure to teach critical thinking. ;)

Oh, and the allegations that this or that politician is bad/sucks/dishonest is just an attempt to obscure the core issue. By that logic:
1. Citizen drives over a pedestrian and takes off.
2. Witness sees everything and can identify the driver.
3. Witness was arrested once for being an A**hole, and many still consider him to be one.
4. Therefore the driver is innocent.

Hosting Services by ipHouse