Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday January 30, 2020 at 09:38
drewski300
January 2007
On January 29, 2020 at 19:36, oprahthehutt. said...
SONOS is not a custom integration product and should not be offered from custom integration dealers.

They are not friends of the CI channel and actively want to replace you.

Do you think ATV, Denon receivers, Samsung TV's, BluRay players, iPads, or anything else you work with on a daily basis as "custom" integration product? Sonos is a tool in ones toolbox and commonly used by those companies who aren't working in the 1% market for every single job. If you think that MusicCast, Heos, or similar system are custom then I believe you are totally mistaken. It's literally the same consumer BS as Sonos. You could make the argument that Russound, Nuvo, etc is custom but they are steaming (not streaming) piles of goo compared to Sonos IMO. Again, if every job you do is only C4, Crestron, Savant, etc. then good for you but you are still installing consumer equipment every day. And the bigger point to my argument is that I wouldn't hang my hat on custom gear going into this upcoming decade because we are more than likely to be installing consumer gear and our knowledge on that consumer gear will be how we get paid....

Regarding the Sonos deal, yes it is not a win for the dealer and I'm sure the CI side of Sonos sales will take a long term hit. Hopefully they realize that integration is the key to their future and they work aggressively with other partners to allow their audio to be controlled by other manufacturers/apps.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse