The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday January 29, 2020 at 08:44
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 28, 2020 at 09:26, Brad Humphrey said...
1) That is a 13 year old plasma. Even if it has hardly been used, that has got to be a lot of hours on it (unless it was never used).
2) It is not even true HD, only .78 MP (1024 x 768). 4:3 with rectangle pixels to scale 16:9. It was not a good looking panel, even in its day. 1366 x 768 panels had already been made available for cheaper monitors, with better drive circuits as well - contrast (better blacks, peak whites). And 1920 x 1080 panels were ramping up with similar performance increases.
3) It doesn't even have HDMI. Just DVI, which will not convert well to show modern source devices.

This thing should have been recycled years ago. It has absolutely $0 value.

I know it's 13 years old- I sold and installed it but it is a commercial display and was designed to be operated for longer periods than a standard model and it still works well- I may donate it, after seeing a news story on TV where the people in a retirement home were in a fairly large room that had what looked like a 32" TV hanging too high on a wall.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse