Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday January 14, 2020 at 12:12
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This comment is only about IR control.

The descriptions in this thread seem to indicate that the proper IR connection is the ring and sleeve of a stereo connector.

This is going to sound silly-obvious, but go with me here:
Think for a moment about a stereo plug that's all the way in.
The sleeve (ground) is connected to the chassis ground.
The ring is connected to something I'll call ring. Note that the ring is a portion of the plug that's not all the way in.
The tip is connected to something at the end of the plug that I'll call tip. The tip of the plug is only connected to anything in the jack when the plug is all the way in.

When someone plugs a stereo connector in NOT all the way, the sleeve is connected to the ground and the tip of the plug is at the jack's ring position. If you get IR control this way, then the two things to connect to are the sleeve and the ring.

So try connecting sleeve to IR ground and ring to IR hot, then push the plug all the way in. Please tell us what happens. Based on what everybody has said about IR control, this should work.

By the way, why is it that this question and discussion comes up once or twice a year?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse