The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday January 6, 2020 at 21:06
anicely
Long Time Member
October 2009
On January 6, 2020 at 12:30, Loraquest said...
I just tried a mono to stereo adapter, and to my surprise, it worked perfectly. I fully inserted the adapter into the IR port on the MRF-350. I then used a normal stereo cable and fully inserted it into both the adapter and the jack on the back of the TV. Works like a charm, and only cost two bucks! Hopefully this information will be helpful to people who find themselves facing a similar conundrum in the future. :)

Here's a link again to the adapter I used ...

[Link: amazon.com]

Loraquest, thanks a lot for posting the results of your research. I recently bought one of these Sony TVs and was disappointed that it does not accept an ordinary mono 3.5mm cable. I looked at the manual, and it states that you need an RS-232C cable, which also is how the female input is labeled on the back of the TV. When you go into the setup menu on the TV, you have to select RS-232 control.

I have an MRF-350 and it's my understanding that this unit does not send out any RS-232 signals; only IR commands through the cables. So I am confused about why you are able to use the MRF-350 to control the Sony TV using a stereo cable (with or without the mono adapter).

I tried connecting the MRF-350 to my TV using a 3.5mm stereo cable, plugging it in only part way, and it does not do anything for me.

I have an MRX-2 coming on Thursday, and that does have RS-232 dedicated outputs, so maybe I will have better luck with that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse