Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 22, 2019 at 15:46
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Unlike Ed, every Araknis router I ever installed had issues. They were all weird and different issues. Examples include:
1) Web browsers taking forever to load but everything else and speed tests were fine (tested across 6 different computers over a week's time and putting a different router in would fix the issue).
2) Had one that would just randomly lose connectivity every week or two and had to be rebooted.
3) Had one that the setting would not hold in the router.
And 2 other ones that were a few years ago, that I can't specifically remember the quarky issues they had.
In other words, out of the 5 routers I tested and some customers got, not a one of them really worked 100% right.
And I dare say - the nature of some of these issues would lead me to believe other customers or even dealers who don't take the time and really care (just install, grab the check, and move on), might not notice the issues.

This and the crappy overpriced WAPs they sell - I wouldn't touch Araknis ever again. The 3 Araknis network switches I have installed have never given me problems. But its a switch, what can go wrong (I have read some people have problems with them thou).
---I'll end with this, don't want to get into a long rant and off topic on other product categories---

Hosting Services by ipHouse