The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday October 16, 2019 at 16:42
HiFiRobbie
Select Member
June 2006
On October 15, 2019 at 03:46, Ernie Gilman said...
Robbie,
it sounds like you didn't notice for several months that your credit card balance wasn't lowered until just really recently. I can't see how this could be the bank's fault... but I've done exactly this.

Totally agree, and I guess I should have paid more attention, but with their strict attitude toward never releasing anything unless it's paid for, and with the amount of moving of funds that sometimes occurs at my end, I would never for a minute thought that they would NOT have the money on their pockets before I got the gear. And again, it's just such a bizarre way of operating that I just hadn't thought of it at all.

Their ordering portal is a bit of a gong-show over here for some reason. I've had thousands of dollars of stock floating around in the ether for days/weeks because instead of just shipping it to the address selected on the portal, they called to confirm the delivery address (not an entirely bad thing), then misheard and wrote down the wrong details manually, resulting in it being attempted to be shipped to a non-existant address several times before we managed to work out what the hell was going on.

However, it would have at LEAST been nice to get a heads-up so I could prepare the funds for them and perhaps not have immediately thought that there was something fishy going on.

By the way, it seems there are two crowds complaining here, URC customers and Control 4 customers, so, Robbie, maybe bashing doesn't apply.

Definitely not a bash. It's just that this is the only time anything like this has caused me so much grief.

In other news, I've started investigating doing my own screen repairs/replacements on SR-260s which looks pretty economical when compared with replacing the unit outright if it's out of warranty.

I'll let you know how it goes when the screens arrive. :)
Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth, by hitting back. -Piet Hein.

Hosting Services by ipHouse