The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday October 11, 2019 at 18:06
GadgetBazza
Lurking Member
October 2019
Hey Derek@SnapAV, I'm up for the sales pitch...

As a Control4 customer with a large residential setup and home office requirements.... We've just thrown out a Pakedge K60D (badged Fortinet 60D), because Package won't maintain the firmware beyond the 7 year old version they have created.

Unfortunately I was looking for my CI to be responsible for my whole network and they have completed re-cabled the property etc to ensure that there is no re-allocation of blame.

Currently, I am using a loan Pakedge RK-1 from my CI for which I am grateful.

However, I wanted decent URL filtering, preferably managed and with different user groups so my children can have a more restricted experience. Certainly not DNS redirection you have to manually create for each site (ala RK1).

I'm also looking for IPSec VPN connectivity back to the network as a home office requirement (hence the K60D originally).

Oh and we need VLAN support and dual wan.

Has the 310 got all this covered? It's looking possible with the recent acquisitions that I can keep my responsibility eggs in the same basket if I choose an Araknis router, but I've had these requirements since day 1 (about 2 years ago now!) and they've never been fulfilled as yet.

Otherwise, looks like I'll be going elsewhere and taking the risk of finger pointing at my self procured router with any network issues...

Many thanks
Barry

Hosting Services by ipHouse