The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday October 8, 2019 at 16:09
Richie Rich
July 2002
All things AT&T are clownshoes.

Had a client with an intermittent network issue that resulted in numerous angry phone calls to me.
Naturally it never acted up while I was there but it was of course my fault.

I told the client, "we need to get AT&T out here to replace their gateway. Customer schedules that without my knowledge, guy shows up, does his thing and leaves, telling the client the gateway had been replaced.

Problem continues.

I go out there and spend an entire day sifting through the network, involve the manufacturer via remote access. Finally the damn problem shows up while they are logged in, turns out to be a bad gateway.
Sifting through the AT&T menu, I find that no, the tech that was there last didn't replace the old gateway, he lied to the client and said he did.

Spend another 2 hours dealing with the dumbshits that are AT&T customer service, get an appointment scheduled for them to come out and replace the gateway.

I spend the ENTIRE day waiting for an 8-12 appointment that doesn't happen. Tech shows up at 4pm, takes one look at the gateway and says "yeah, these are all supposed to be aged out/replaced whenever we come across them. He also filled me in on how most of their techs are looking for a way out and how horribly run the company was these days (he was a 20+ yr employee).

Basically almost $2,000 worth of labor that wouldn't have had to happen if they had done their job right the first time.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse