The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 97 made on Monday September 30, 2019 at 06:38
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On September 29, 2019 at 20:50, davidcasemore said...
You have a very strange definition for the word "Today". It's like you've gone all Flux Capacitor on me.

Your inability to understand concepts, reason, logic, context and argument in combination with several psychological defence mechanisms (denial, delusion, projection, illusory superiority and plain old Dunning-Kruger stupidity), does make for a truly impressive CV. Then there's what I term 'intellectual' masochism - the delusional belief one is making a valid point, but is in reality is merely highlighting one's own nonsensical contradictory thinking. Let's take, for example this:
"Really? A letter from 1972? Science ain't like religion. It's self-correcting. So you need to go by today's evidence. Religion, or any other dogma, stays the same (dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb)."
There was, of course, a time when science was indeed spelt C-h-u-r-c-h, but being in denial of history, one probably doesn't appreciate this. It is not, however, I who is dogmatically claiming: "THIS SHIP HAS SAILED." You then compound this contradiction by proclaiming: "It's self-correcting", which, indeed, correctly implies that science is always in a state of flux; i.e. constantly changing, or in your vernacular the ship may have sailed, but it's still subject to constant course corrections. This is evidenced by the change in thinking from that of the 70's, though it appears your limited cognitive skills are unable to appreciate the significance; that it has also changed since Hansen gave his infamous testimony in the late 80s.

You claim the ship has sailed, then contradict this by claiming science is self-correcting, but are also in complete denial of the evidence of 'today’. A clearer case of cognitive dissonance would be hard to find. Projecting your irrational thoughts onto others merely compounds the stupidity. As you say:
"Religion, or any other dogma, stays the same (dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb)."
You never change, and in doing so never cease to provide amusement.

Last edited by djy on September 30, 2019 14:24.

Hosting Services by ipHouse