Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday August 19, 2019 at 10:15
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On August 19, 2019 at 09:12, edizzle said...
I had been told 11 by a DirecTv person when I had to phone in something recently. However I just reached out to a guy whom I trust a lot at Solid Signal and he said 8 is the limit for clients on genie 2

It maybe something that has changed recently.
When I was researching that answer yesterday, a couple of call center workers that are on the AT&T support forum boards said "DirecTV customers that have been migrated to AT&T accounts, specifically RC1 accounts, can only have 8 receivers authorized for an account". But they also seem to indicate that was for any AT&T account, no matter what receivers are used.
So it maybe that customers that got early Genie 2 systems (before the their accounts got transitioned to AT&T) might have been able to get as many as 11 clients on a Genie 2 system. IDK.

What I do know is, AT&T is the biggest disaster of a corporate company ever. Following that same mentality of "we are to big to fail". There is no such thing, it just takes a lot longer to disintegrate. And once that is far enough along, there is no saving it.
I fully expect AT&T will breakup into several small entities, with huge losses in the massive bankruptcy case either pre or post. I just wouldn't even want to guess on a time frame - it could take several more years.

Hosting Services by ipHouse