The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday August 8, 2019 at 19:38
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 8, 2019 at 11:13, JoeFlabitz said...
Well, I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Would you prefer them to give software access with no restrictions (ultimately encouraging sales from everywhere or anywhere), and tying up their tech support with endless calls from end users (denying legitimate dealers timely access to tech support)? Maybe pay as you go to URC tech support for end user help, just as Harmony does?

Or would you prefer them to not state (even oppose with threat of losing URC dealer status) that software is available from the dealer only with the dealer support? I cannot speak for the company, however they make it a point that their products are best programmed by professionals, and I don't see it posted on any URC public site where they allow dealers to pass over software. Some dealers may pass over software, but that's not URC's policy as I understand it.

I'd like for them to grow a backbone and have a clear cut policy, and not put the onus on dealers. It's a bullshit policy. If they don't want to give the software out, don't and like all other pro remote manufacturers do and state NO END USER access, or if they want to Grant access, give out themselves. Putting on dealers to decide is BS and creates a rift between end users and dealers. Again, bullshit policy!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse