Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday June 11, 2019 at 18:07
BlackWire Designs
September 2006
On June 11, 2019 at 09:18, FP Crazy said...
I installed a Ring Pro yesterday in my home. No existing door bell but I ran dual Cat 6 to the front door. I used a 16v ac (40 va) power supply that I already had with one of those Cat 6 wires. Everything works fine.

But how can you get a contact trigger from the Ring Pro being activated or button push? There are only 2 contact points on the back for power. Please explain. Ring doesn't have any documentation in the box or on their web site and their support dept doesn't condone any 3rd party integration. I don't even get how a Ring button push would trigger an existing door chime

The Ring Pro has 2 wires that hook up to it for powering it. It has a small battery in it so it can close contact to trigger the old doorbell.

The BlackWire Driver integration is 100% authorized and supported by Ring. We have a signed API agreement with them. You do not use your user name and password to maintain the connection. I attached a screen shot which shows the Ring URL and the BlackWire name.

If you are using Control4 you can use our Ring Events driver [Link: blackwiredesigns.com]

If you are using URC you can also use our Ring Events driver
[Link: blackwiredesigns.com]

BlackWire Designs

Hosting Services by ipHouse