The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Thursday May 23, 2019 at 14:28
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 8, 2019 at 06:46, edizzle said...
ATT is killing directv. Killing it.

I have been trying to get a client's yacht set up and saying that ATT is killing it is a huge understatement. I'm working with KVH and all I got from ATT was a huge headache from the runaround. Absofreakinglutely clueless. I got fed up with the last guy yesterday and asked for the Retention department, which they call 'Loyalty'- a woman answered and she's in Utah! Got me set in only a few minutes, too.

I have figured out what they use as their business model- if you have seen 'Dodgeball- The Movie':

What's our motto?

Aim low.

In an e-mail to KVH, I made a comment about ATT being as close to a monopoly as we have and her response-

"The entire half-million land mobile (RVs and trailers) and marine customer base represents less than 1 percent of their business. How’s that for a staggering thought on the subject of monopolies?"

I was told that marine and RVs don't get to use Genie. I would imagine that if the activation is done through KVH and others, it does work. ATT sucks. I'm about to stop dealing with them on any level.

ATT also told me that specific models can't be ordered, they just ship the HD receivers. That's effing great, but if a system is already in place and the H25 with the RF kit and mount are the only size that fit and are used because the receivers are intentionally hidden, the H24 WILL NOT work because they won't necessarily fit and they don't use RF but ATT doesn't give a rat's butt about that, they just want to do things the way they think is OK. I see Dish as a beneficiary of this.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse