Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday May 21, 2019 at 09:30
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 21, 2019 at 08:33, srmd said...
Hello all,
Many thanks for all of the input and replies. I have been unclear in my account on some of this info. I do not know if the remotes are RF, or IR.
Yes, both TV's are located on the same wall, and in SOME CASES, less than 3ft apart. Some have more distance (maybe 15ft apart) but have similar issues.
None of these issues have to do with someone being able to change the channel of the TV. Let me elaborate further... TV set up is as follows: Coax cable out of the wall to an "IN" on a small DTA that is provided by Spectrum. HDMI cable then from the cable box to TV. The "channel" no longer changes on the TV itself as it just gets set to an HDMI input. The remotes have a specific "pairing code" that will pop up on the screen to enter that will allow them to control the cable box which will change the "channel" for them. The issues are in the TV functions (TV on/off, and TV volume) as this is where this some overlap. There are no programming codes supplied with the Spectrum remotes for the TV's, they do a code search feature where you must press buttons 1 and 3 at the same time, wait for a red light to blink twice at the top of the remote, then press and hold the TV "On/Off" button with the set on, until the TV turns off. At which point you release the button and the code locks in automatically.
The problem is that, different brands of TV (including but not limited to: LG, ProScan, Magnavox, Zenith) functions (TV on/off, and TV volume) are being controlled by BOTH remotes in the same room. Reprogramming the TV does not help as there seems to be only one code that works.
The other scenario I spoke of is that while in SOME rooms, BOTH TV remotes control BOTH TV functions (keep in mind that the TV's may or may not be different make/model). In SOME rooms, ONE remote can control BOTH TV'S.
There are no Make/Model printed anywhere on either the DTA, or the remote themselves. On the underside of the DTA there is only a serial number (which varies by DTA) and a MAC address.
I'm currently trying to find a way to attach some pics of the boxes, remotes, and set up in the rooms.
Thank you all for your help.  I hope this is more clear.

Here, in Milwaukee, Spectrum rarely leaves the DTA in place unless the customer isn't migrating to full Spectrum services- they call these 'Legacy Customers' and they have separate models of equipment for them.

I would be surprised if the facility couldn't save money by migrating to Spectrum for their services and AFAIK, they don't have access to the higher internet speed of Spectrum, or the channel lineup.

The DTA is a very simple device and it won't do what you need, which is allow the TVs to be controlled separately. The other problem is that some or all rooms have the same model of TV, so any optical control commands will be able to disrupt one of them.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse