Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 17:54
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On May 15, 2019 at 11:01, flandon said...
Ok. I understand.
lets throw a curve ball. same Client same install

the main house we order the HS17(1) and Clients(7). and on the same account we have a guest house and 2 Barns.

Old Barn Has (1) TV and a Dish
New Barn Has (2) TV's and a Dish
Guest House has (4) TV's and a Dish.

If a Legacy Receiver Cant be on the account do I need (3) more HS17 and (7) more Clients?
FYI- The LAN covers the whole property.

That is a pickle you have there. Because remember, they will not allow but 1 HS17 on an account. So no, that will not work.

I would NOT use an HS17 on this setup. I would use an HR54 with 3 clients for the Guest House. And 2 H25's for the New Barn and 1 H25 for the Old Barn. The H25's will not be able to view the recorded shows from the Guest House. Unless you can either:
1) Run coax from the Guest House to the Barns and keep it all on 1 dish (same Deca Network).
2) Or get the H25's on the same LAN network as the Guest House and enable network in the menu. Been awhile since I did something like that, hopefully that is still an option. I would check the Sat forum boards to see if that is still doable.

Note: What is the customer expecting as far as 4K goes? Because they could get 1 4K client in the guest house. But to do more than 1 4K stream at a time, would require the HS17.
Also note, it might be possible to get client boxes to work over the network (if you can get the network to the Barns and Guest House all the same) by converting DECA to ethernet, then back to DECA again. I have never tried something crazy like that, it is unsupported, and you would need to do a lot of research of the sat forum boards like Satellite Guys, DBSTalk, etc. I'm sure someone there has tried it.

Last edited by Brad Humphrey on May 15, 2019 18:02.

Hosting Services by ipHouse