Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Thursday May 9, 2019 at 10:14
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On May 9, 2019 at 07:45, Ranger Home said...
I dont see ATT wanting out of it as well. But, thats just opinion. They are pushing their cable customers to dump cable and go with satellite. That appears to be their one of their plans. Less costs over all maybe?-not dealing with old cable. They even appoached uverse customers to get them to switch. My first thought was they wanted out of uverse not satellite.

That doesn't seem quite right.
I don't have a link to all the articles about this over the last few months. But at some point recently, AT&T made the statement that they were not going to replace any of the satellites for DirecTV as they aged and/or failed. They have also been pushing consumers to the 'DirecTV NOW' streaming service - not the satellite service.

Opinion part: It seems to me they are killing off the satellite service and wanting to build the streaming service. The board members or CEOs are probably thinking how streaming is the future, so they want to have/build a strong streaming service for that.
Totally forgetting that one of the big things about satellite, is you can get it anywhere. Including where internet service is to slow for a good streaming experience or doesn't exist at all. But AT&T is not run by the brightest people, they are pretty stupid over there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse