Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday May 8, 2019 at 20:32
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On May 8, 2019 at 12:51, burtont62 said...
It's brand new as in the last few weeks but we have 2 12+ receiver installs waiting on DTV to figure this out. Keep getting the run around with DTV saying to do a commercial account but then no genie. It's driving us nuts. Not to mention the money being lost.

I replied to your PM.

To answer this: In the past when we had issues. We would just get the customer a 4 room system (specifically HR54 and 3 clients). Then order a bunch of H25's for the rest of the locations. After the system is active, just call up and add all the boxes to the account. Never had an issue with that approach, however convoluted it was.
The problem with the above is 4K. Since the HR54 can only support 1 4K feed at a time. As mentioned, the new HS17 (Genie 2) can support several 4K streams [but still not that many]. But with the new HS17, you can not use H25. You are stuck with client boxes only. Which limits the total amount of TV locations to a hard number.

Honestly the best bet for the customer is to dump DirecTV and not sign into another 2 year commitment. And either go with the local cable company or DishNetwork. You can put several 4K DVRs (Hoppers) on an account with lots of 4K clients (Joeys).
Every customer that has DirecTV I run into, I am telling them the likely future they will have and what they are now missing out on. It is only the diehard, long time, DirecTV customers that are still sticking with it. Despite the obvious train wreck that is happening and what is most likely to be the death of DirecTV satellite service (eventually - 1 year, 2, 3, ???). Unless Murdoch wants to buy it back and turn it around... not likely.

Hosting Services by ipHouse