The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday May 8, 2019 at 12:20
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On May 8, 2019 at 11:11, Hasbeen said...
Yep, got into a discussion about it yesterday.... Looks like they're creating their own ecosystem.  Works with Nest goes dark on Aug. 31. 

That being said, the platform is open to 3rd parties.  So, I'd imagine that your favorite control system would still be able to work..Not sure if it will work on Sept. 1..or if you're favorite control system will have to rework some things.

Yes it is an opened platform but from the article I referenced there are many security precautions that Google is making to ensure the end user is safe.

From the article:
Entry into the new ecosystem is not guaranteed however, although Google says the development process is simpler and easier than WWNs. When asked if anyone could be part of the Works with Google Assistant program, or if there might be specific categories exclusively for Nest and Google products (thermostats, security systems, and cameras for example), Soucie replied: “It depends on their integration. What I can say is if those categories or industries are dependent on Nest device data, then no, they can’t. We have to be more secure in who has access to that data and that's a promise and a commitment that we're making to our users.”

“It’s not a closed system,” he continued. “It's an open system, but the front door is through Works with Google Assistant. It’s about registering your devices, what its capabilities are. So I don't want to categorically start looking at each one and say this is excluded or included, but it's about making sure it meets our security and privacy standards.”
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse