Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 6, 2019 at 07:38
sebastian
Long Time Member
September 2003
Hi,

unfortunately, I can't seem to get the PEP3 help to work in Win7/IE11, so don't hold it against me if this is explained there...

I just now noticed that each component in the device database has a property "Power On Delay" (and also "General Delay").
Can anyone tell me how exactly this is used?

Is this applied automatically when invoking a "power on" function - if so, how does "it" know what function refers to "power on", e.g. in case of a device built "from scratch" using vendor supplied RC codes and custom names.

Or do I need to apply this delay manually somehow?
I noticed that the delays show up at the bottom of the function list in the main editor, but not in the database's component functions view.
I can drag&drop the delay from the functions list to the actions list where it is transformed into a generic "Delay: x.xx" action, but that seems pretty cumbersome to me as that delay probably won't change when the corresponding component property is changed.
But there also doesn't seem to be an "insert power on delay" action available in the actions list...

So far I simply created a macro for each device, containing the specific delay and referenced that where needed.

Sebastian

Hosting Services by ipHouse