The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Tuesday March 26, 2019 at 18:30
juliejacobson
CE Pro Magazine
April 2003
On March 21, 2019 at 19:21, Fins said...
Now these make sense. But do any manufacturers put the ability for appliances to detect gas or water pressure? Turning off the stove with the alarm is good.

Yes, one of the key things in all of this is that mfrs are adding all sorts of diagnostics to their devices for emergency alerts, preventative maintenance and remote diagnostics.

I can imagine a third party like Parasol or OneVision monitoring these conditions as they would network and other ecosystem conditions.

AS for me, I would like to know what my mom has in the fridge and what she has been eating or not eating. She has dementia and doesn't eat. Is she even opening the fridge in the first place? Does she open it for a long time as if trying to figure out what to eat, and then close the door without grabbing anything?

I would like to have that information in the same place (app) I keep all my other mom-monitoring stuff, not in a separate fridge-specific app.

Ditto with alerts and control of the stove (of course) and washing machine (less obvious -- do I need to remind her to put the laundry in the dryer?)

I think many use cases will reveal themselves in the coming years. In the meantime, why NOT hope for APIs and SDKs and other tools to integrate?
"CEPro: your website sucks!" - Fins
www.cepro.com
[Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse