Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Tuesday March 5, 2019 at 11:51
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On February 23, 2019 at 17:14, Munson said...
I did this before with a player piano. Used the audio out and put in a piano microphone inside the piano, ran both to a mixer and the output of the mixer into the sound system. I can play the piano and accompanied music, but can also be used for just the piano if someone is playing.

Was easier to hide because it was not acrylic. Agreed with other posts that unless the manufacturer has mics built in, there is no way to send the piano sound out.

used one of these mics

[Link: shure.com]

Thanks for the info... sounds exactly like the approach I'll be taking.  For the piano mic I ordered one of the Barcus Berry mics which is a direct contact mic that gets stuck onto the sound board.  This was recommended by the piano manufacturer, not because it sound the best, but because it won't pick up much ambient sound (mainly voices).

I guess with traditional mics there's been some embarrassing situations where conversations have been broadcast around the house when people standing next to the piano didn't realize their voices were being picked up by the mic.

I'm scheduled to do the work next week.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse