Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Wednesday February 20, 2019 at 23:27
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On February 18, 2019 at 14:51, highfigh said...
The delay could be used to time-align the signal from more than one mic since a single mic would be too short to be on-axis for all of the strings & hammers. IIRC, the last discussion about this kind of thing is where someone mentioned Hall Research-

[Link: hallresearch.com]

Interesting, but I don't think the miking will be that sophisticated.

Some back-and-forth with the manufacturer confirms the approach I thought would be required.  In a nut shell, mic the piano, mix the mic and audio out from the electronic accompaniment together with a little mixer and then send that to the DA equipment.

Their recommendation for a permanent installation like this is the Barcus Berry piano mic which is something I've used in the past.  It sticks right onto the sound board of the piano.  My experience is that it's not the best sounding solution, but they made a very valid point that the Barcus Berry won't pick up ambient sounds like a traditional boundary mic.  This minimizes the concern of privacy and keeps the piano mic from picking up people talking near the piano and broadcasting it through the house which isn't something I'd thought about.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse