Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 63 made on Tuesday February 12, 2019 at 00:14
Dean Roddey
May 2004
I have a Henkel set I bought back around 1994 I think it was, so basically 25 years old. They've all held up extremely well all this time. I use the santoku one most of the time. It's sort halfway between a western chef's knife and a Japanese cleaver, i.e. the blade curve is sort of halfway between them. I find it most comfortable to use, and it doesn't have nearly as dangerously pointy an end either. If I had to do some heavy rocking type chopping I might grab the chef's knife.

I got a small set of All-Clad at the same time, and those have held up just as well. If you get reasonably good quality stuff it'll likely be the last you ever have to buy. Well, maybe if you bought them at 18 and lived to be 108 or something you might wear some of it out. But, for most of us, we'll croak long before the gear does.

Actually, I got a fairly large set of All-Clad, this being the 'money grows on trees' 90s. But I sold off most of it when I realized I'm not professional chef. Some of it was unused when I sold it. But, the five pieces I kept I've used a lot and it's done very well.
Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse