The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Sunday February 10, 2019 at 23:58
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
I received the first knife today. The "Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 7.5-Inch Chef's". I used it to make chicken breast sliders on pretzel rolls with hand cut french fries. The knife worked extremely well on the pretzel rolls, tomatoes, basil, raw and cooked chicken. The big surprise was the potatoes. The knife cut through them like butter. Its also nice having the blade go all the way through. That little blunt area at the back was a cutting board destroyer.

I have a couple of issues with the new knife. #1 is completely my fault for getting the 7.5" knife. Its smaller than the typical 8" and my knuckles come in contact with the cutting board. It was slightly annoying tonight while cutting 3 tomatoes, and a couple of pieces of basil. With big dinners it would drive me crazy.

Another thing i have gotten used to with the old knife is this thin little pinch area that made the knife easy to hold and use. The new knife doesn't have it. Its not a common feature i guess but it sure was nice. See photo below.

So both issues aren't really problems with the knife. It will be interesting to see how long the new knife stays sharp. Out of the box it was razor sharp.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse