The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday February 8, 2019 at 01:24
Tkarns24
Long Time Member
August 2010
On February 7, 2019 at 18:26, BizarroTerl said...
2 way unsupported I think is it telling you there aren't any 2 way drivers for the device you're trying to set up. ( So I have not selected any devices for this it's just one of the tabs under categories) The MX-5000 needs a DHCP server on your network. Usually this taken care of by your router. ( I have DHCP enable on my Netgear router/ I unchecked IP automatically and provide both CCP and the remote the IP address/ Submask and DNS they all match. Yet when I try to down a file i get it 53% of the way then it provides me with a download error in CCP and the DHCP message on the remote)

Finding the proper IP codes takes a bit of work. Usually you can get this info from the manufacturer. Sony can be notoriously hard to get this info from direct. For their products it is better to look elsewhere. Like IR signals, there may not be a direct spec for your device but another for a similar one will work. Manufacturers save money by reusing hardware/code. ( what sources have worked for you in the past? Is the consensus that If I am not able to find the IP information online that I may need to reach out to the manufacture? )

I'm not using any 2 way modules. They seemed to be limited to a very few devices none of which I have.( I am going to need one for the IRUSB dongle controlling my Nvidia Shield)

I use the MX-5000 for IP control and find it works really well. However my network is pretty well sorted out. The MX-5000 can have problems with improperly configured networks and wireless. I use it (well, 6 actually) without a base station. (Well I can not say that it's not my network but I have no other issue within my home other that connecting the remote and because it provides the same message regardless if the download is coming from the cable or the network really makes me think that the issue is else where)

Hosting Services by ipHouse