Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 12:26
vwpower44
August 2004
We have had tons of issues with Luxul gear recently. Seemed like it was better a few years ago. Issues I'm having:

2.4ghz or 5ghz broadcasts, but you cannot connect

The XAP1410 never goes above 30MBS...ever. That is the flakiest WAP I have ever dealt with.

The XAP1510 gets slow and a reboot of the WAP fixes teh problem.

When using a controller, for some reasons devices grab the WAP that is the furthest away. Rebooting the WAP fixes the problem.

When the controller kicks a device because RSSI gets to low, the device always wants to grab the 2.4ghz outdoor WAP which sets at -70 to -80.

POE flakes out and the firmware doesn't fix the problem.

Certain devices connect and certain devices do not. For example, my phone will connect and work fine, but my laptop will not.

Auto Login to the SSID/WPA doesn't work sometimes. Then you have to force the login tot he WiFi.

The router struggles to talk to the modem sometimes.

You cannot lock a device to a certain WAP.

You cannot have a WAP output a specific SSID.

I could go on and on.

We have moved to Ruckus, Mikrotik, and Eero and all of these problems have gone away. I have a pile of Luxul stuff that is in a box that doesn't work as advertised. I am pulling out a ton of Luxul stuff that was also put in by my competitors. It's really sad, because I have several clients with Luxul that have had no problems. I am afraid to update their firmware, just in case the firmware is what sucks on the new units. We just cannot handle the inconsistency and headaches.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Hosting Services by ipHouse