Your Universal Remote Control Center
Audio, Receivers & Speakers Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday March 7, 2018 at 22:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Be aware of the possible penalties of using programming from unlicensed programming sources. I don't know of ANY licensed sources using slingbox or DVD players that has licensed content.

Do not ignore this issue. It could cost you thousands.

We do restaurants all the time where we mono together the analog stereo outputs of a DirecTV receiver or cable box. This mono feed then goes via a single shielded wire to the amplifiers.

I'm assuming you're using a 70 volt system, so monaural is the proper type of audio to use. If you't not using a 70 volt system, you should educate yourself as to what it is and its advantages.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse