The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 19, 2016 at 09:34
rthurlow
Lurking Member
February 2009
I currently have a Harmony 650, new enough to handle 8 devices, and earlier tonight, all eight devices were happily in use. I did replace a satellite receiver, so I needed to swap out the old and configure the new. I tried the Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.7.0, but it is convinced that the 650 can only handle five devices. So I downloaded and tried the MyHarmony 1.0.0.80. It seemed happy to configure 8 devices and was able to do the swap and let me add an activity for the new receiver. But when I asked it to sync, it got partway through and stopped. I tried booting the remote into Safe mode (pulling a battery and holding the Off button while reinserting it), but there was no difference.

I then created a new account with a different e-mail, but made the mistake of copying settings from my old account. That looked good until I tried to sync, and I had the same issue. Worse, I have no idea how to start over from scratch, as I jump straight into that same set of data when I log in.

I know that trying to control the remote with two different pieces of software was probably not a great thing, but I am surprised that I am so stuck now. What's a way out?

Thanks,
Rob T

Hosting Services by ipHouse