Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday August 6, 2016 at 18:56
Quillers123
Lurking Member
August 2016
Hi all,

I have (had!) a Crestron Prodigy system installed in my home. Whereas I read a lot the negative commentary, it actually worked just fine for me - but then our installation is very straightforward... The Crestron controls audio/video only across several rooms (no heating - ground source heat pump and automated temp control mean it is never touched/adjusted, blinds - none powered, lights - no need, security - have separate app and separate cameras).

We normally control the audio/video by the Crestron Mobile Pro app on iPads (2) and iPhones (2). This is used for TVs plus Sky, Apple TV, DVD player, AVR.

Unfortunately my PMC3-XP just died - a light comes on but the programmer cannot communicate with it ...

There are two things I'm trying to get done and one other I'm contemplating but no big deal whether it happens or not:
1) get our sitting room connected - so reprogramming required anyway
2) get the PMC repaired/replaced
3) (potentially) connect our security cameras to be visible on our TVs (turned to that channel by the Prodigy

2) repairing/replacing PMC3-XP:
With regard to the PMC3-XP, it will cost quite a bit for Crestron in the UK to even look at it - from prior experience of forum members, is it worth it or should I buy a new one on eBay - c€500.
The PMC2 is so much cheaper on eBay (c€100)! Would it do the job for us? (I.e. Be controlled by the app, perform the same functionality as the PMC3 for AV.

3) is it easy/advisable to get the security cameras controlled by the Crestron? Would I be able to see what's on the cameras outside the home?

The programmer said it might be worth looking at Sonos or Denon Heos instead of repairing the Crestron but I like using the app and only going for the remotes occasionally when I need that extra functionality... Unless there's a very good reason, better the devil you know would be my preference ...

Advice appreciated ... Many thanks all!
Lost!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse