The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday January 20, 2016 at 11:24
buzz
May 2003
jpcolin,

Future proof? I don't think that this is possible.

I assume that you are comfortable with ProntoScript. Since this is really JavaScript, I suggest that you look into TouchControl.

There will be some culture shock because the programming environment is dramatically different from ProntoEdit, but TouchControl is the most flexible platform that I've found. I was able to reuse some of my ProntoScript, but much of the old ProntoScript is unnecessary because TouchControl can directly deal with Global Caché and lots of IP protocols. One must develop the configuration on a Windows platform and the target is iPhone/iPad. You could develop a SONOS controller, but it is so easy to call the native SONOS app and swipe back into TouchControl, I'm not going to bother. (literally this is a one line call on a URL button) If you need a protocol or capability that is not currently supported, the developer is very responsive.

My user interactions are much smoother and faster than I could accomplish with Pronto. And, there is more screen real estate available on a pad.

TouchControl can use Apple Watch.

Hosting Services by ipHouse