The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday January 15, 2016 at 14:32
node
Lurking Member
January 2016
On January 15, 2016 at 11:24, mdavej said...
1. Yes

2. Yes. But learning is rarely required. Why do you think none of your 18 devices will have codes already? If you do indeed have to learn a device, you'll convert it to an upgrade and delete the learns.

3. There is no way to "send" any codes from IRScope to the Nevo. You simply note all the learned codes and enter them into RM manually. It's actually much simpler to learn directly on the Nevo, then all you have to do is press one button, and the upgrade file is created automatically (in most cases).

What devices do you expect you'll need to learn? I doubt there is any need to learn anything, especially not 18 devices.

BTW, the Nevo already has codes for thousands of devices, and RemoteCentral, Hifi-remote, etc. have codes for thousands more. You can add many more than 18. But you can only assign 18 to device buttons. You could have many more devices on the remote and mix commands from all of them if you wanted.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge with reference to the abilities of the Nevo C2, and thanks for the enlightenment, and better understanding.

1).My objective is to replace all my existing remotes in the living room, and use the Nevo C2.

2). To be able to build bin files for my Slingbox, which has my i828 Android TV box attached to it, running OpenELEC. I also run the T10 and M8 boxes, all running OpenELEC. I will like to attach these at times for testing.

In OpenELEC the remote.conf files for these boxes are all different, and I will like that the Nevo C2 be able to learn the remotes codes to control these boxes.

I was not aware that the Nevo C2 can learn the codes in my remote.conf files by itself without the need for the IR widget data from IRScope, imputed into RM.

However, I will use the IR widget data from IRScope and entered it into RM in order to make the bin files for the Slingbox.

With the above said, is there a very good tutorial you can point me to as to getting started with the Nevo C2, which I have just ordered.

Bye the way, the one I ordered is the 15G which I take it can do all the 18G can do except for RF signals part, which, at the moment, I have no need for.

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse