The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 13, 2015 at 04:00
itsallpoo
Lurking Member
December 2015
I bought my beloved 520 new when it first came out, it has been a reliable little workhorse. My bf threw a tantrum tonight and threw it against a hard surface, the screen is obviously damaged but it still appears to be working right because when I plug it into the computer everything responds properly. I was wondering if there's any chance of repairing the screen, not knowing what these look like inside is the screen easily replaceable or is this thing a one board wonder with everything soldered down to it? I am not a complete novice with a soldering iron, I can handle basic electronic soldering and I've got the equipment in the closet. I looked on youtube since I can often find all sorts of esoteric helpful videos in there but didn't find one. I can replace it for under fifty on ebay used but it's a discontinued model and I've seen the 650 new for about the same price also on ebay.

I told his butt he's lucky I didn't sick the pit bull on his junk. I'm pissed to say the least. Any chance of salvaging this or am I stuck buying a new programmable. I like this one because it works properly on two older flat panels that other programmable remotes don't work on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse