The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 20, 2015 at 19:54
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
On October 19, 2015 at 22:33, Mr. Stanley said...
Well... the % of money spent on wars and our military is off the charts.Good for Australia! Do you have medical care, or do you have to buy it?

All Australians have access to free medical care so free doctors visits and such (including home visits). My wife was sick on a Sunday a few weeks ago and we had a doctor at the house within a couple of hours free of charge. You may have to wait for surgeries which are done on a priority basis so the most important and life threatening are done very quickly but if you have less urgency you may have to wait a while. But everyone gets treated for free.
Drugs are free mostly to the unemployed and low income earners but most drugs are subsidized for everyone. Average script is about $20 - $30.00 for drugs that would otherwise cost hundreds.

If you want fast surgery and your own choice of doctor and hospital you can take out your own health insurance as well. But no one dies in Australia because they can't afford medical care. Maybe 20% or less have private health insurance.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse