Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday August 6, 2007 at 14:37
Stealth X
November 2005
what a NOOB i am!!! i was sitting there the night i wrote my last post here, enjoying one of my SACD's. and it occured to me, as sharp and perfectly crystal clear as this sounds, i'm not getting an encompassing surround sound feel! i originally assumed the surround is just very subtle, but then thought maybe i shoud get off my duff and make sure. well sure enough no sound from any channel but the front 2!

so this bewildered me for an hour or so till i figured out i had to turn the sound OFF for hdmi on my sacd player, this then allowed me to access the anolog options and change it from 2ch to 5.1ch!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! this one classical tune i have is a guitar quartet, with the 4 fronts and backs dedicated each to its own guitar, just awesome. and Pink Floyd Dark Side is as encompassing as a good movie!!

so it now seems i have ALOT of howework to do, as now that my ears are "trained" to know what audio is supposed to sound like, i'll have to expand more into jazz/blues and classical as that seems to be what dominates the HiFi world.

any suggestions i could check out via itunes (or something of the like) before i buy are greatly appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse