The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday July 25, 2015 at 00:10
Gracepreacher
Lurking Member
July 2015
Thanks...I cannot seem to figure out which direction to go, but I feel like I'm on the right track. Yes...I'd be looking at the C2 paired with the Next Gen if I went the Nevo route...can anyone confirm if they play nice together? I'm not too sure I'm a fan of the stiff "click" of the buttons I've heard about...would I likely find an XSight display at my local Best Buy to check out?

I'm warming up to the idea of keeping the Sony VLZ620 and just setting it up more like a Harmony with macros, much like this:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

However, if I do this, I really would like to grab the Next Gen for the RF because inevitably with several command sequences someone won't intuitively hold the remote right for line of sight.

I did get the 650 today, setup was a breeze "just as they say", and it really is a smart remote, and to think it is really a little brother in the family! I WILL say, as far as the needs/wants list goes, I'd give up backlighting to gain RF. The Smart Control looks like a great package for me...it would be pampering myself for sure, but the most encouraging part is that if the kids trash the remote, it's only $30 to replace, which is very doable.

Question: Being a person who doesn't want to use my smartphone as a remote, can the Harmony Smart Control control in "device" mode, or it is just "Activity" based? (I don't know how else to ask that question)

Last edited by Gracepreacher on July 26, 2015 20:59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse