The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday July 24, 2007 at 22:55
mrhookup
Long Time Member
August 2005
Thanks, Mitch. Yes, once you listen to these, its hard to go back to listening to just CD's. I have my favorites. I'd like to know yours, in case I am missing out on something else good. How do you feel about Dual Disc? I will also check out the sites that you mentioned. I can also recommend other great Surround Sound Discs. Some of the discs I get from the Orient ( a great eBay store. I just got 3 more great DTS Recordings from him: Dire Straits Brothers in Arms 20th Anniversary Edition Remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, Roxy Music The Best of in Super Audio DSD, and Deep Purple Machine Head in Super Audio CD Hybrid Multi Channel DSD. This Deep Purple is extremely different because they Re-mixed the 1972 Quadraphonic Rercordings. Very interesting. I bet you haven't heard the word "Quadraphonic in at least 3 decades! I think its interesting that in those days, there were numerous Quad formats such as CD-4, RS, QS, etc. Now here it is 34 years later and we still have multi formats: SACD, DVD Audio, DTS, Dolby Digital. We can't seem to standardize and agree on anything. Kind of reminds me of the old battle of VHS vs. Beta. The worst format won! Now its Blue Ray vs. HD DVD. When are the manufacturers ever going to learn a lesson from this?
Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Hosting Services by ipHouse