The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 24, 2007 at 13:01
mrhookup
Long Time Member
August 2005
I love & collect Super Audio Discs for years. SACD, DVD Audio, DTS, Dolby Digital Music Discs. I have noticed that these discs are now less available, and the average Joe doesn't know about them. Consequently, stores are carrying less and less of them, or they are intermixed with everything else. I don't think that you can say that one format is better then the other. I have discs from each format that range from OK to outstanding. A few examples: DTS: Alan Parson's On Air. Outstanding, Dolby 5.1: The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots; DVD Audio: Tommy The Who, etc. Of course, the better your Surround System, the better your experience. Perhaps, Dual Disc is taking over. So far, I thing Dual Disc is a big disapointment. Most of the discs have been remastered to 5.1 sound. In a few rare cases, discs have been Recorded for the format. The best case example is The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. If the sound on this disc doesn't impress you, you are a lost cause! (or your system is not up to the standards). I would hate to see these formats go away. In which direction is the Super Audio formats going?
Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Hosting Services by ipHouse