The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday April 6, 2015 at 20:56
nylaw
Lurking Member
April 2015
On April 6, 2015 at 18:38, mdavej said...
AR will work fine. IMO, Remote Master software does make the AR much better. It's hard to beat getting $150 worth of remote technology for under $20.

The main complaint about the Ultimate is the fact that it's a touch screen - a feature you actually want, so that will work fine too. People upgrading from older Harmony models miss the hard buttons that you want to avoid.

iPad works with iRule or Roomie and a Global Cache base for the IR portion, so no IR LED to plug into the iPad itself.

With only 4 devices, I think an iPad and even an Ultimate is huge overkill. A Harmony 650 will do the job, if you can tolerate having some hard buttons.

You make a lot of good points. Any opinion on what's better Roomie or iRule? That iPad is sitting not being used so I could get some use out of it. I am going to also reconsider the AR. I do like hard buttons. I didn't realize the Touch eliminated them.

I went ahead and ordered the Xsight Color but still interested in the best hardware/software for the iPad.

Last edited by nylaw on April 7, 2015 00:36.

Hosting Services by ipHouse