Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday February 2, 2015 at 10:08
mdavej
December 2002
On January 30, 2015 at 21:13, Herman Trivilino said...
The ones I see for sale, for example on Amazon, don't seem to be. The One For All URC 9960 Kameleon is the only one I see there that is, and it's discontinued. All the others are far less expensive. How can they be programmed on a PC?

I'll put in my bid and see if I can get it.

I downloaded and installed the Harmony Remote software. I see a message there that the Harmony 650, for example, must be set up at myharmony.com. I seem to remember reading somewhere that myharmony.com is a less flexible way to program the remote. Have I managed to confuse myself?

Nearly all are programmable via JP1. The 9960 was obsolete 12 years ago. The OARUSB04G and Xsight models come with a cable. Others are JP1 programmable with an $8 USB/Serial cable from ebay. The fact that they're cheap and PC programmable is what makes them such amazing remotes. Here's at least 100 One-For-All remotes programmable on a PC:
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

You should read some of the other articles on that wiki site to get a better idea of how One-For-All remotes work and what makes them unique.

No need to bid. $18 is the Buy It Now price.

That's old information about myharmony. It used to be really terrible, but it's better than the old software now.

Last edited by mdavej on February 2, 2015 10:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse