The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Sunday July 6, 2014 at 13:47
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On July 6, 2014 at 10:19, Ernie Gilman said...
gasoline really was a waste product before automobiles found a way to use it!

Do you have a link? I don't think gas was ever considered a waste product (but I don't know). I can't see a reason to refine it if it is just meant to be thrown away ;)

Having it created as a waste product! Then it must be stored forever or burned up!

that is where your theory falls apart. Even if we assume there was a time in the past when gas was considered a waste product, it does not make sense for it to be in the future even if we assume that all vehicles are 100% electric. Think about it, why would they pay to store it forever or just burn it up for nothing when someone could take all that free waste product gas and use it to make electricity.

What are your thoughts on this: At least in my area of California, recharging stations do not charge anything to the electric vehicle owners at time of charge to charge up. Just how much am I, with only my antiquated 2005 Ford Van, paying for other people to keep their electron tank full? And is this a national system?

Here they charge (fixed cost of 2.50), but let's face it the electric cost will be minimal. You are thinking of your car where it costs a lot for the gas, you can only do it at the station and it is fast at the station. Even if the guys battery was completely dead when he gets at the station (because the guy is that cheap and wants to use the free electricity to fill up), it might be around 10$ to fill up one of the bigger batteries in a place with high electricity prices and even if the station is like the 400V supercharger (as opposed to a 240V charger) it would take a long time to charge so unless there is a reason to leave the car for a while at the station it does not make sense to over use the stations just because they are free. My guess with our relatively low electricity rates, the fact that here they are run by the electric company and so I should not even look at what I pay but go with what it costs to produce it, that the 2.50 charged probably makes money to the utility.

Hosting Services by ipHouse