Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday June 23, 2014 at 15:55
Throwaway13
Lurking Member
June 2014
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask the professionals so I created this account. I typically find things I like that eventually are phased out...for instance: I still own an iPod 'Classic' because I want my music and phone to be separate & I don't like iOS.

That being said I have a Harmony 890 Pro, and love it. It still functions, and I have everyone in my home learned up on how to use it. I wanted an H1000, then an H1100 when they came out. Recently i have been looking for a tablet style remote again, and it seems like the field of options is quite limited (not a surprise since it was never really popular).

It appears that Philips has dropped their tablet style. although I don't see any remotes more recent than 2010 on their site so maybe the quite making remotes?

URC still has the MX-3000 on their site (I can get the software) but I was wondering if there was something in particular that caused the MX-6000 to be discontinued. The 3000 is a lower iteration of numbers, is it older than the 6000? Does that speak to the 3000's quality?

I don't want a andoid/ios option, I want a dedicated remote. Can any of you experts answer any of these questions or offer suggestions? I don't have any RF devices, but I do have hidden devices. I am also working on an XBMC build, but I can find a card/interface that will work with whatever remote I end up choosing. I have a PS3 and a Panasonic Plasma, so interface with those is required. I also have a Comcast cable box.

And.........GO!

Hosting Services by ipHouse