The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday June 11, 2014 at 03:10
aharding
Lurking Member
November 2013
Roomie is not your limitation, it is your end devices. The Oppo has limited IP support but excellent RS-232 support. They plan on enhancing their IP offering but it is not as robust as RS-232 at this time.

Samsung as previous posters have mentioned will not turn on the TV via IP. So you have to IR blast on, then IP control. I'm trying to hook up the Samsung via RS-232 using their proprietary bus but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

FYI: Roomie's on-screen TV guide with direct jump to the selected program is not available on more expensive remote controls. So all in all, Roomie is pretty outstanding at any price.

The other more expensive brands require you to put Channel Logos on the remote where you program in the channel # onto each button. But channel #'s change all the time so it's a hassle to support. The Roomie live guide on your iPhone/iPad is up to date so no setting up channels, so reprogramming. I wish the more expensive remotes offered this capability as they have two way feedback so that you can test if a command was successfully sent which the Roomie does not do. So Roomie for me and more expensive bullet proof solutions for customers.
ASH

Hosting Services by ipHouse