The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday March 9, 2014 at 01:19
3FG
Select Member
August 2009
The codes Mr Mod posted are in a format called Pronto Hex, and not surprisingly, a Pronto remote will understand those codes.  In fact Philips invented the format, hence the name.

Philips discontinued the Pronto line a few years ago, so I believe that it is best to have Win XP or older operating system in order to get the software to run.  I don't think Mac or Linux are supported. Also, the various models of Pronto remotes require different software packages.  Some of the packages are available for download here.  I suspect that a TS-1000 isn't programmable on a newer computer, but check in the Pronto fora.  Also check if a USB to TTL level signal adapter will work, or if you need "real" RS-232 voltages.  Converters that supply genuine RS-232 voltages are more expensive and difficult to identify.

Regarding a Comcast remote, the example you linked is OK, but this one is new and $6 shipped.  Any Comcast or Xfinity remote that has a similar shape and a red OK/Select button will work.  You would use RMIR software if you want to use a computer (easier than typing in a bunch of 5 digit numbers, since you can just cut and paste the EFCs I posted).  RMIR runs on 32 or 64 bit  Windows, Mac or Linux. Here's a <$10 cable which is known to work. It has a long shipping time, however.  Make sure that you get a cable with a FTDI chipset and which supplies a RTS line.

Hosting Services by ipHouse