The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday February 11, 2014 at 12:45
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Your question is very general, so only general answers can be given to most of your topics. If you ask about specific software, remote brands and models, and component brands and models, we can answer about them.

For instance,
several equipment that are not listed in the databases

That is a world of thousands of models and there's no way to address it without offering huge amounts of information.

You want the codes in Pronto Hex, which is a great idea. Use a Pronto! As for capturing IR codes (we call it "learning" the codes into a device), I recommend that you buy a Pronto TS1000 or TSU2000. Those are obsolete as far as the market is concerned, and therefore not very expensive. They learn IR codes in Pronto HEX format. I carry a TS1000 with me AT ALL TIMES to be able to learn new IR codes for programming remotes. I have seen several IR learners, and only the Crestron learner, for which you probably cannot get the software, is better.

The software for it is in the Classic Pronto section of this site. It's called Pronto Edit and you want version 4. It's free. Once you have learned a code, you can open an edit window and see the Pronto Hex code, and copy and paste from there.

Your profile does not mention where you are; you might need to find out what the European models of this remote are and buy one of those.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse